[darcs-devel] [issue1602] darcswatch - requests from darcs team

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Wed Sep 9 15:47:30 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 15:32:01 +0000, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> I like the idea of number 5.

Yay!

> An extension to darcswatch could be written that monitors the tracker,
> gathers any submitted patches from there, links them to the correct
> ticket on the tracker and, for these patches, makes the
> "Applicable/Obsolete/Rejected"-state reflect the state of the ticket.

> Additionally, if it finds a patch applied, it could automatically close the
> corresponding ticket (or at least add a note that the ticket may be closed).

Are you able and willing to work on this in the near future?
If so, is there anything we could do to help?

I suggest actually taking roundup as a first tracker to experiment with
(i) for the selfish reason that we're already familiar with it and (ii)
because it's so versatile.

See http://roundup.sourceforge.net/doc-1.0/design.html
It just provides a way of defining bricks and linking bricks together.

Thanks!