[darcs-devel] [issue1602] darcswatch - requests from darcs team

Joachim Breitner bugs at darcs.net
Wed Sep 9 15:56:41 UTC 2009

Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> added the comment:

I’d welcome any help, as my own motivation is not too great here (darcswatch
fully fulfills my needs at the moment) - I hope understand that POV. Also, I
don’t know much about roundup.

If one would be willing to write part of the code in python, one could re-use
code from the bts-link project, e.g. here is the roundup module:
http://git.debian.org/?p=bts-link/bts-link.git;a=blob;f=remote/roundup.py;hb=HEAD.
It only supports reading the status though, and not download patches.

So, what would be the best way to read data from roundup? Make it send out mails
upon each change (included attached patches and status changes)? Scrape the web?
Run some script on the roundup side that neatly formats the required data?