[darcs-devel] [issue1609] darcs conflict marking gives different results in different orders (OT TP2)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sat Sep 12 16:11:23 UTC 2009

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

I'm just opening a long-term ticket for this.  Pascal Molli sent me a
nice test for Darcs's conflict marking (attached).  I'll submit it in
Darcs regression test style and link the ensuing discussion here.

NB: From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_transformation

CP/TP1: For every pair of concurrent operations op1 and op2 defined on the same
state, the transformation function T satisfies CP1/TP1 property if and only if:
op_1 \circ T(op_2,op_1) \equiv op_2 \circ T(op_1,op_2)  where where op_i \circ
op_j denotes the sequence of operations containing opi followed by opj;and
where \equiv denotes equivalence of the two sequences of operations.

CP2/TP2: For every three concurrent operations op1,op2 and op3 defined on the
same document state, the transformation function T satisfies CP2/TP2 property
if and only if: T(op_3, op_1 \circ T(op_2,op_1)) = T(op_3, op_2 \circ
T(op_1,op_2)).

files: darcs.tp2.sh
messages: 8794
nosy: darcs-devel, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, momo54
status: unknown
title: darcs conflict marking gives different results in different orders (OT TP2)