[darcs-devel] [issue1514] minimal context function

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Mon Sep 14 20:48:15 UTC 2009

There are two problems, in fact.

The first is that calculating the minimal context for a single patch added to
the end of a repo (which already has the hashes of minimal contexts stored for
existing patches) is O(n^2) and this hurts in practice. I have some ideas for
speeding this up but I think it's a hard problem.

The second is the unpull tricks you can play using duplicate patches in darcs-2
semantics, as you mention. That problem can be solved in a reasonable manner,
but at the expense of only including primitive patch dependencies in the hash of
a patch.