[darcs-devel] [issue1607] darcs diff does not interact well with renames, adds, or removals

Samuel Bronson bugs at darcs.net
Tue Sep 15 17:59:38 UTC 2009

Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com> added the comment:

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Eric Kow <bugs at darcs.net> wrote:

> 1. Are we actually just doing diff -r?

Whatever it is, it seems to have a very similar result -- but doesn't
diff -r use more blank lines?

> 2. Would it cost us a lot to do individual diffs?

I doubt it; we wouldn't need to do any diffs at all for unchanged files ...

> 3. What about --diff-command; does that mean we lose repository-based diffs?

I figure that just means you run the diff command on each pair of
source/dest, where source/dest are possibly at different paths within
their repositories; I'm not sure what should be done for added/removed
files, though.

Or possibly I don't understand what you mean ?