[darcs-devel] [issue1550] general purpose command line parsing library (CmdArgs)

Reinier Lamers bugs at darcs.net
Tue Sep 22 20:26:53 UTC 2009

Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de> added the comment:

Now that I'm Unicodizing metadata handling, I stumble upon the handling of
command line arguments. On POSIX systems, filenames are just bytes, but patch
names etc. are text. We need to be able to pass both via the command line.

It seems the most elegant to me to code this into the command line handling
library. For a given option, you'd specify whether it takes a binary or a text
argument. In the first case, the library gives you byte values (like getArgs
returns), in the other case it returns teh byte values interpreted to text
using the locale.

Bye,
Reinier

nosy: +tux_rocker