[darcs-devel] [issue1299] cabal test: should depend on "cabal build"

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Tue Sep 29 06:35:40 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Alright, we need this to be fixed.  I have filed
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/592 so we are now waiting for the
Cabal team :-)

Note that the *main* difficulty this causes us, IMHO is the recurring scenario:

A: Such and such test fails

B: Have you re-run cabal build?

A: Oh, no I haven't

And what would be more pernicious is to have tests that succeed when they really
ought not to because of this

status: wont-fix -> waiting-for
title: cabal test: should depend on "cabal build" ==> setup: dist/build/darcs/darcs: copyFile: does not exist (No such file or directory) -> cabal test: should depend on "cabal build"