[darcs-devel] [issue1628] ask-deps does not let a patch depend on a patch under a tag

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Wed Sep 30 21:23:33 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

This is related to issue1241 and actually sounds like it may be the same issue,
that we are in some way, relying on the same logic in too many places.

Somewhere it must make sense to stop at the first tag, maybe as some sort of
optimisation?

I'm going to say somewhat arbitrarily that we're not really going to resolve
either until we have a better understanding of the underlying causes.  So I'm
going to mark this as waiting for issue1241 (which wants a regression test at
the time of this writing).

nosy: +kowey
priority:  -> bug
status: unknown -> waiting-for
superseder: +rollback doesn't look beyond a tag
topic: +UI