[darcs-devel] [issue1809] darcs convert makes no attempt to turn mergers into conflictors

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri Apr 2 11:03:13 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

OK, so it looks like we should try to determine if introducing a less
lossy convert is a good use of our hacking time.

Seems like it may be nice to have some conservative attempts, eg. for
simple one-layer mergers.  Then darcs convert could say
"congratulations! No lossy conversions needed for this repo".

Perhaps we could start the discussion on darcs-users when the time is right.

nosy: +Serware, kowey
priority:  -> bug
topic: +Conflicts, Darcs2, Devel