[darcs-devel] [issue1519] darcs mv patches get sorted in alphabetical order, not order performed

Lele Gaifax bugs at darcs.net
Sat Apr 3 13:07:34 UTC 2010

Lele Gaifax <lele at nautilus.homeip.net> added the comment:

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:10:27 +0000
Eric Kow <bugs at darcs.net> wrote:

> Well, I think that's with issue183 (moves being put before other
> operations) fixed.  But here the concern is about the moves being
> put into alphabetical order, which still appears to be case.

Yes, it was just to point out that the specific problem that
originated all this, that tricky patch in Zooko's repository, is now
handled correctly, as far as trac-darcs is concerned :-)

> Are you saying that this ordering of moves isn't actually a problem
> in practice?  If so, I'd be quite happy to wont-fix this bug :-)

No, I still agree that ideally darcs should never try to out-smart its
user, arbitrarily reordering things. At the very least, not when asked
for the XML version.