[darcs-devel] [issue1069] task: set up darcs user survey

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun Apr 4 09:34:51 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Two things we need to do here:

1. Work out how to actually implement this.  Outsource to some company
like survs or SurveyMonkey?  Install some sort of FOSS survey solution?
 Homebrew?

2. Think about what sorts of information we actually would want to
collect from our users:

- perceptions of performance?
- commands used?
- level of awareness (eg. hashed vs darcs-2 difference?)
- platforms (issue1793)

All things being equal, I think given a choice between this and
issue1793, I'd start with latter as it's totally passive from the user
point of view and we'd collect some hard data.

status: need-implementation -> need-action