[darcs-devel] [issue1763] encoding of non-ascii file names into patches is broken; triggers assert later

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Mon Apr 26 12:01:59 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

I did a little bit of darcs changes research during the sprint.  In case
it helps, here are the results:

Check out also the issue706 patch below.

 darcs changes src/Darcs/Patch/Prim.lhs --match 'hunk NewFormat' --reverse

No context in
  http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-devel/2008-January/

maybe the month before

Changes to src/Darcs/Patch/Prim.lhs:

Thu Jan 10 23:04:13 CET 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make darcs-2 repositories store patches in more-nicely-formated format

Tue Feb 12 20:44:56 CET 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add new "chunk" patch format (currently only used in darcs-2
repositories).

Thu Feb 14 18:15:58 CET 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * roll back changes in hunk handling.
  These changes introduced a bug in the reading of patch bundles, and I
don't
  have time to track that bug down, so I'm rolling them back wholesale.
  Right now, we just don't have time for new regressions.

  rolling back:

  Sun Feb 10 17:30:44 EST 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
    * rewrite hunks to store solid chunks rather than lists of lines.

      M ./src/Darcs/Patch/Apply.lhs -51 +48
      M ./src/Darcs/Patch/Commute.lhs -5 +5
      M ./src/Darcs/Patch/Prim.lhs -54 +50
      M ./src/Darcs/Patch/Viewing.lhs -13 +13
      M ./src/FastPackedString.hs -24 +3
      M ./src/OldFastPackedString.hs -23 +55
  Sun Feb 10 18:15:46 EST 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
    * fix bug in new code that broke darcs check on darcs' own repo.

      M ./src/Darcs/Patch/Apply.lhs -1 +3
  Tue Feb 12 14:44:56 EST 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
    * add new "chunk" patch format (currently only used in darcs-2
repositories).

      M ./src/Darcs/Patch/Prim.lhs -2 +32
      M ./src/Darcs/Patch/Read.lhs -1 +25

Tue Mar  4 17:16:15 CET 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * resolved issue706: encode spaces in filenames for darcs-2 format.