[darcs-devel] [issue1821] break up alternatives in help output

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Mon Apr 26 17:09:46 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

This has bothered me too.

I suppose the underlying getopt library never really anticipated there
being multiple *long* flag names (which is understandable).

We may have to solve this with some copy-and-paste programming on our
part (or maybe try to get something into the getopt library?).

I suspect that if you find out what the actual bit of getopt (Haskell)
code that does this is, tweaking it to behave in a nicer way isn't so bad.

See also issue1550 and issue1260.

nosy: +jaredj, kowey
priority:  -> wishlist
status: unknown -> need-implementation
title: unfortunate help formatting with option alternatives -> break up alternatives in help output
topic: +ProbablyEasy, UI