[darcs-devel] [issue1831] MoveFileEx: permission denied (2.3.x to 2.4.x)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Tue Apr 27 10:16:58 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Thanks for your continued patience with this, Ivan.  Note that I've
split this bug because

1. it affects the user's global cache (and not the index)
2. it does not involve network file systems

Salvatore, is there any chance that this just another variant of the
rename or delete file errors you fixed (file handle leaks?).  Also,
could you determine if it's reasonable for us to try to fix this for
Darcs 2.4.2?  Why is the error message 'MoveFileEx' this time?

I'll note that the long term solution you suggested was in issue1675 to
move deleted files to some sort of attic.  Thanks!

assignedto:  -> kirby
status: unknown -> need-action
topic: +Target-2.4 -Target-2.5