[darcs-devel] [issue1760] Very slow darcs convert with 2.4 (fine with 2.3.0)

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Thu Apr 29 04:46:50 UTC 2010

Also, darcs convert is producing spurious messages about conflicts. This
is caused by the working copy not being updated after each chunk of
patches is converted, so the next chunk of patches causes a conflict
with working. The message is harmless as it's only the working copy that
is left in a mess, and at the very end it gets reverted anyway, but the
profile below suggests that these conflicts may also be the cause of the
massive slowdown.

My suspicion is that something has changed in the merging code during
some refactoring. Also, I don't think darcs convert actually needs to do
a merge anyway - see http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2010-
April/023787.html

nosy: +ganesh