[darcs-devel] [issue1904] GHC 6.14 will disable RTS options by default

Jason Dagit bugs at darcs.net
Wed Aug 4 21:37:17 UTC 2010

New submission from Jason Dagit <aoeu>:

We should consider changing darcs.cabal to detect for GHC 6.14 (and newer) and ensure
that we enable RTS options when building.

See these two articles for details about the change to GHC:

http://www.amateurtopologist.com/2010/04/23/security-vulnerability-in-haskell-with-cgi/

RTS options are useful for:
  * profiling options
  * HPC options
  * debugging: answering questions "+RTS --info", toggling gc options, etc

If we disable it by default we should make sure none of our scripts and tools depend on
RTS arguments, such as darcs-benchmark.

milestone: 2.5.0 CURRENT
nosy: dagit, dmitry.kurochkin
priority: bug
status: need-action
title: GHC 6.14 will disable RTS options by default