[darcs-devel] [issue1904] cabal flag (default: False) to enable RTS flags

Jason Dagit bugs at darcs.net
Sat Aug 7 05:17:43 UTC 2010

Jason Dagit <aoeu at oregonstate.edu> added the comment:

Perhaps I don't understand the milestones.  I would have thought that
"2.5.0 CURRENT" means 2.5.x and that "2.6.0 HEAD" means the branch that
becomes 2.6.0 BEFORE the 2.6.0 release branch is created.

Please consider this change to appear at least in the last release of darcs
BEFORE ghc 6.14 is released.  Even if that only means providing the an
option in the .cabal file to build with RTS options, regardless of the
default for the flag.  So, if 6.14 is scheduled between 2.5.0 and 2.6.0,
then please add this change before the 2.6.0 release.

Ideally, I think this should be enabled by default.  At Petr points out,
there are much easier ways to wreak havoc with darcs than the rts exploit.
So my vote is for the default to be true.