[darcs-devel] [issue1829] inconsistent patch

Ian Lynagh bugs at darcs.net
Wed Aug 11 03:00:47 UTC 2010

Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> added the comment:

OK, camp now accepts the testcase, so there is hope!

I've attached fiddle.sh, in which I tried to make the testcase a little
simpler. Re-laying-out the patch it complains about (a more readable
format by default would be very useful!):

conflictor {{
    |hunk ./file 2
    |+Line DDDD
    |:
    hunk ./file 2
    +Line CCC

    |:
    hunk ./file 2
    +Line TTTTTTT

    |:
    hunk ./file 2
    +Line DDDD

    |hunk ./file 2
    |+Line TTTTTTT
    |conflictor [
    |    hunk ./file 2
    |    +Line TTTTTTT
    |]
    ||:
    |hunk ./file 2
    |+Line DDDD
    |:
    hunk ./file 2
    +Line XXXXXXXXX
}}
[
    hunk ./file 1
    +Line A
]
|hunk ./file 2
|+Line XXXXXXXXX
|:
hunk ./file 1
-Line BB

I believe it's complaining that it expects
    hunk ./file 2
    +Line XXXXXXXXX
(which the patch identity depends on) to be in the set of conflicts, but
    |hunk ./file 2
    |+Line TTTTTTT
    |conflictor [
    |    hunk ./file 2
    |    +Line TTTTTTT
    |]
    ||:
    |hunk ./file 2
    |+Line DDDD
    |:
    hunk ./file 2
    +Line XXXXXXXXX
is what is in the set of conflicts.

I don't know why this discrepancy happens; it probably needs someone to
work out exactly what operation is causing the problem, and then to step
through the code for that operation to see what goes wrong.