[darcs-devel] [patch514] resolve issue2019: mtl 2.x support

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Mon Dec 20 23:59:21 UTC 2010

On 12/18/10 3:21 PM, Alex Suraci wrote:
> Thu Dec 16 23:57:27 EST 2010  Alex Suraci<i.am at toogeneric.com>
>    * resolve issue2019: mtl 2.x support

I don't see any problems with this, and I've successfully used it to
install darcs HEAD built with mtl 2.

I hope but haven't been able to confirm that darcs still builds with
mtl 1.*, due to the below error. It's not the patch's fault, I get the
error without the patch too.

src/Darcs/IO.hs:86:9:
     Overlapping instances for MonadPlus IO
       arising from the superclasses of an instance declaration
                    at src/Darcs/IO.hs:86:9-28
     Matching instances:
       instance MonadPlus IO
         -- Defined in transformers-0.2.2.0:Control.Monad.Trans.Error
       instance MonadPlus IO -- Defined in Control.Monad.Error
     In the instance declaration for `ReadableDirectory IO'