[darcs-devel] [issue1734] ability to revert during record interactive UI

Zooko bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jan 28 15:37:09 UTC 2010

Zooko <zooko at zooko.com> added the comment:

MarkStos said this was uncommon (at least for him), but it is common for me.  It
just came up again.

I've done a few days worth of work, and now I want to split the work into
logically separate patches.  For example, the first patch will probably be the
test cases, separate from the changes to the code to make the code pass the new
tests.  So I run "darcs record" and start stepping through the files and hunks
looking for logically related changes that I can put into a single patch (see
also issue126).

Now I find a typo as one of the hunks.  I have to either cancel this "darcs
record" and go run "darcs revert" to destroy the typo, and then resume the
"darcs record" and reselect any hunks that I've already selected, or else I have
to remember that after I'm finished with this "darcs record" then I need to come
back and do a "darcs revert" and then step through the changes until I find this
typo again.

It would be perfect if there were a key I could press -- right now, while I'm in
the middle of a big interactive "darcs record" -- which would revert this typo.

nosy: +beschmi, droundy, simon