[darcs-devel] [issue1713] distinguish between basic/advanced key presses in interactive UI

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jul 1 21:21:53 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

The following patch updated issue issue1713 with status=resolved;resolvedin=2.5.0 CURRENT

* Resolve issue1713: shorter interactive prompts.
Ignore-this: bfa234bf337140af441f59958ff72c7b

For example, instead of asking
  Shall I record this change? (1/8)  [ynWesfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help:
we ask
  Shall I record this change? (1/8)  [ynW...], or ? for more options:

The goal is to make the most important options visible while making it
evident that there are more advanced features to be used.

NB: one principle we try to respect is that the default choice should
appear in the window of basic choices.

resolvedin: 2.6.0 HEAD -> 2.5.0 CURRENT