[darcs-devel] [issue1825] Invalid pending on revert

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jul 5 21:19:41 UTC 2010

Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net> added the comment:

The following patch updated issue issue1825 with status=resolved;resolvedin=2.6.0 HEAD

* Resolve issue1825: do not omit important prims in unrecordedChanges w/ files.
Ignore-this: 6948f29fe09882ec719269b21fc50ae7

This is a rather heavy-handed fix. We stop filtering the pending patch in
unrecordedChanges -- overall, this is an optimisation, since we can now avoid
reading the pending patch twice, and in most cases we also avoid filtering that
part of the patch twice. However, in exchange, whatsnew now has to filter the
patch (this was not required previously). This may be slightly less efficient
for diffs with very many changed files: however, it is unlikely to be a
bottleneck, since computing and even formatting the patches for display is much
more expensive.

resolvedin:  -> 2.6.0 HEAD
status: need-action -> resolved