[darcs-devel] [issue1891] add new command: darcs stash

Jason Dagit bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jul 13 23:20:13 UTC 2010

New submission from Jason Dagit <aoeu>:

git provides a 'stash' as a place to push unfinished work so that it is
no longer in your working directory.  This is really handy when merging
changes that will clobber your unfinished work.

In the darcs folklore, this is simply a:
darcs record -m "hey, I'm not done yet"
darcs pull
darcs amend-record --edit-description

Except, that the merge done by pull might still clobber your work.  In
that case, you would do a 'darcs send -O' to yourself, unpull the patch,
etc.

It would be really nice, especially for git converts, if we simply
offered these workflows in a nice package.  Say, darcs stash/unstash.

I think as an implementation detail, in git the stash is a stack.  I
don't know if people in practice depend on that or if they tend to use a
stack of depth at most 1.

milestone: 2.6.0 HEAD
nosy: dagit, dmitry.kurochkin
priority: wishlist