[darcs-devel] [issue1895] create a customised monad for Darcs to do IO in

Jason Dagit bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jul 21 05:32:26 UTC 2010

Jason Dagit <aoeu> added the comment:

One thing we can do to make this easier, is to write wrapper libraries around
the IO primitives to make them work for any MonadIO.  As a proof of concept,
and a library to contribute to, see the monadIO package on hackage:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/monadIO

See for example,
  newIORef :: MonadIO io => a -> io (IORef a)

Then we should be able to create a MonadIO instance for any wrapper monad that
we choose and use these primitives instead of the standard haskell ones.

nosy: +dagit