[darcs-devel] [issue1865] darcs get --context is broken

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jun 6 15:02:02 UTC 2010

New submission from Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net>:

For all I can tell, darcs get --context got horribly broken with NewSet.
There's a regression test for it though, that does not notice any
problem, so that probably needs extending. In issue1860, Eric created a
"seven-ctx" -- if I use it on darcs get of the darcs darcs repo, I get a
result that has about 9 patches in it. Specifically, it is missing the
2.2 tag and everything that it depends on.

The --context code works by producing a PatchSet from the context file
and then using findCommonWithThem to get a list of uncommon patches,
which are then unpulled. In this case, *most* of the current repository
ends up in the "only_ours" part and is therefore unpulled. Probably due
to a failure to move the tag into the common part.

assignedto: mornfall
messages: 11266
nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, mornfall
status: unknown