[darcs-devel] [issue1867] encoding issues with darcs show authors (2.4.3)

caitt bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jun 14 06:58:33 UTC 2010

caitt <caitt at users.sourceforge.net> added the comment:

2010/6/7 Eric Kow <bugs at darcs.net>:

> New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:
>
> Hi Tomáš,
>
> I have a Darcs bug which I think you may be interested in looking at.
>
> Do darcs show authors | grep Marco
>
> Notice we have the correct output with darcs 2.3.1, but the *incorrect*
> output with darcs 2.4.3
>
> Why? I doubt it's directly related to Reinier's UTF-8 metadata work
> since that's not in the Darcs 2.4 line, so what else has changed?

Well, that's a quite bad bug report ... what is the bug exactly?

Anyway, on my computer:

$ ./dist/build/darcs/darcs show authors | grep Marc
5             Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <...>
$ darcs show authors | grep Marc
5             Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <...>

where

$ darcs --version
2.3.1 (release)

$ ./dist/build/darcs/darcs --exact-version
darcs compiled on Dec 29 2009, at 10:08:50
context not available

According to me, the error (whatever it is) was made later on. The
darcs I used for this test I quite old working copy (I basically
stopped darcs hacking long time ago). It contains my patch and some
others (it is bit newer than the patch) but excludes any utf-8 stuff
as I had problems with depencencies so I did not merge any utf related
patches.

--
Tomas Caithaml

Don't anthropomorphize computers. They hate it when you do that.