[darcs-devel] [issue1873] apply => failed to read patch (NewSet related?)

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jun 16 16:07:02 UTC 2010

Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net> added the comment:

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

> This is a regression from darcs 2.4.
> I suspect NewSet may be the culprit here.
>
> I tried to apply patch275 to my copy of darcs (see bad-ctx)
> and it told me this:
>
> darcs: failed to read patch:
> Tue Jun  8 02:09:02 BST 2010  builes.adolfo at googlemail.com
>   * Add test for issue1210: global cache gets recorded in _darcs/prefs/sources
> Patch not stored in patch bundle:
> Tue Jun  8 02:09:02 BST 2010  builes.adolfo at googlemail.com
>   * Add test for issue1210: global cache gets recorded in _darcs/prefs/sources
>
> I then pulled 4 more patches and it was fine.
Was the above patch in the repository or it got pulled among those 4?
I.e. this could be either a bad error message (getting "failed to read
patch" instead of "can't apply since you are missing patches"), or it
could be a completely different bug somewhere else. But I'd rather first
confirm or rule out this. Thanks.

> No problem either way with Darcs 2.4.4.
Would that mean that the bundle applies OK on the repository without
these 4 patches using darcs 2.4?

> This appears to be release critical.
In which case, yes, this is RC. But probably not an alpha blocker...

Yours,
   Petr.