[darcs-devel] [issue1880] record reports different filenames than whatsnew (Mac, Unicode)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jun 23 20:31:13 UTC 2010

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

When we have filenames with non-ASCII characters in them, darcs record
and darcs whatsnew will report different filenames.

The good news is that this has been around since Darcs 2.3.1 perhaps
earlier (could somebody have darcs 1.0.9 on their Mac they could confirm
this with?)

Attached is the test I will push to the Darcs repository.

Since we have a test, the next we need to do is to investigate the cause
of the discrepancy.  Could be good to see what we're using to retrieve
these filenames in the first places, System.Directory?

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9

files: failing-issueXXXX-macosx-filepath.sh
messages: 11562
nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey
status: unknown
title: record reports different filenames than whatsnew (Mac, Unicode)