[darcs-devel] [issue1755] apparant line-break on "spontaneous branches" link in homepage

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Mar 1 15:30:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 15:06:20 +0000, Wagner Ferenc wrote:
> This discrepancy disappears if you remove "<a name="intro" />" before
> the description list. Are you sure that the a tag can be empty? What's
> that there for?

Huh! Replacing that with <a name="intro"></a> solves the problem.
I'm pushing a patch now.

I don't get why this works, as it's supposed to be an XHTML document,
and we have plenty of self- closing tags.  Maybe you're right, that
anchors cannot contain Nothing, although they apparently can contain
Just ""...

Thanks!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9