[darcs-devel] [issue1756] darcs unpull leaves a bad index behind in a darcs2 repo

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Wed Mar 3 14:51:56 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

I think we should aim for a 2.4.1 bugfix release if possible.

The good news is that we can reproduce it systematically
(so Attila, if you would be so kind as to tarball that somewhere you can
pull it up, and maybe even write yourself a shell script so we can check
back with you later, that'd be great).

The bad news is that we don't have a minimal test case.  We have a
semi-formal boil-down procedure for reducing complicated repositories
with bugs to minimal ones with the same bugs, but it takes a lot of
patience!

If you have the time to devote to this, Attila, it would be a help!
http://wiki.darcs.net/Forensics
... but I'm not counting on it because it really is super-involved, and
you basically have to dedicate yourself to it for at least a few hours.

Meanwhile, we need to come up with some way of turning this into a test
case. :-(

nosy: +kowey
priority:  -> critical
status: unknown -> need-action
topic: +Conflicts, Hashed, Regression, Target-2.4