[darcs-devel] [issue1753] darcs: opening of '_darcs/index' failed: does not exist (No such file or directory)

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Sat Mar 6 09:38:48 UTC 2010

Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net> added the comment:

(1) Darcs with -f-mmap works just fine.
(2) I have never blessed the mmap-0.5 patch for hashed-storage. It's not
even in HEAD, not to say anything about released versions of h-s.
(Although I have used it locally without issues for a while.)
(3) If cabal happily builds darcs with two different mmap versions
linked in, that's a cabal bug. By default, that does not happen. I have
to specify --constraint 'mmap > 0.5' to darcs's configure to get a
broken binary.

As for the size/offset bug in h-s, good catch -- you are right that the
size_magic is added redundantly. Nevertheless, from the point of view of
darcs *working*, this is a harmless bug, just making the index longer
than strictly necessary.

However, I see that if you are using h-s with mmap-0.5, you have a bogus
patch for that. Please see http://pastebin.ca/1806460 -- that's the
patch I sent to Trent and that actually works. From the patch you
propose, I see you don't have this one, therefore the breakage...

priority: critical -> urgent