[darcs-devel] [issue1758] Make darcs send more informative about what repo a patch is for

gwern bugs at darcs.net
Tue Mar 9 14:01:13 UTC 2010

New submission from gwern <gwern0 at gmail.com>:

I recently sent Malcolm Wallace a patch for the nobench repo, but he
couldn't figure out what repo it was for since he has so many. There is
a 'DarcsURL' field buried in the email headers, but very few people know
about it or look at headers.

Perhaps we could include the repo URL in the body of the email? (since
the subject seems to be overloaded as it is).

It'd look, I think, something like:

hunk ./src/Darcs/Email.hs 211
             text "Content-Type: text/plain"
          $$ text "Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable"
          $$ text ""
+         $$ text "A patch for repo:" <+> text repodir
          $$ packedString (qpencode (renderPS contents))
          $$ text ""

(I can't compile right now because I'm not sure where to get icuuc, but
I think this is right.)

nosy: darcs-devel, dmitry.kurochkin, gwern
status: unknown
title: Make darcs send more informative about what repo a patch is for