[darcs-devel] [issue1542] run roundup-darcs integration on darcs.net

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Mar 25 11:34:01 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Some minor good news on this:

1. It seems the script has been running since my last update (I must
have forgotten to disable it), only the To address was unset.  The
contents of the message body seem correct.

2. After fixing the forcearray problem in update_roundup.pl [which broke
the script when you only push one patch] and setting the outgoing email
address to 'bugs at lists.osuosl.org', I was able to run the update script
manually on darcs.net and resolve a bug.

3. The bad news... it still appears that for *some* reason, pushing a
patch did not cause a bug to be resolved. :-(

I'm a bit confused about this.  Anyway, I've now moved the line from the
posthook line in _darcs/prefs/defaults

  apply --posthook nice -19 ./build-darcs-dot-net-darcs; perl
contrib/update_roundup.pl

to the build-darcs-dot-net-darcs script.

That should not make a difference, but it seems tidier anyway.

I'm going to continue to monitor this.  Maybe everything is actually in
order.  The update_roundup.pl script has now been *disabled* from my
staging repo.  It will be running exclusively on darcs.net for now.
Fingers crossed.