[darcs-devel] [issue1841] 2.4.3 - Windows - push - openBinaryFile: does not exist

Jeremy Cowgar bugs at darcs.net
Mon May 10 19:44:26 UTC 2010

New submission from Jeremy Cowgar <jeremy at cowgar.com>:

I installed GHC Haskell Platform for Windows. Issued cabal update. I
then downloaded 2.4.3 darcs and in the root directory executed: cabal
install. A few moments later, I had darcs.exe. I then installed the
2.4.3 static linux binary on my linux host. Following is the sequence of
commands I issued and the resulting error.

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ darcs --version
2.4.3 (release)

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ echo Hello > hello.txt

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ darcs init

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ echo "Jeremy Cowgar <jeremy at cowgar.com>" > _darcs/prefs/author

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ darcs add hello.txt

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ darcs record
addfile ./hello.txt
Shall I record this change? (1/2)  [ynWsfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
hunk ./hello.txt 1
+Hello
Shall I record this change? (2/2)  [ynWesfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
What is the patch name? initial
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn]n
Finished recording patch 'initial'

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ darcs changes
Mon May 10 14:45:34 Eastern Daylight Time 2010  Jeremy Cowgar
<jeremy at cowgar.com>
   * initial

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ darcs put jeremy at cowgar.com:repos/darcstmp
Finished applying...
Put successful.

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ darcs --version
2.4.3 (release)

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ ls
_darcs  hello.txt

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ echo hello >> hello.txt

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ darcs record
hunk ./hello.txt 2
+hello
Shall I record this change? (1/1)  [ynWesfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
What is the patch name? change 1
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn]n
Finished recording patch 'change 1'

Jeremy at JEREMYCOWGAR-PC ~/josl/tmp
$ darcs push

darcs failed:  Not a repository: jeremy at cowgar.com:repos/darcstmp (Error
reading file remotely:
: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory))

==================================
On my linux box
==================================

jeremy at cowgar:~/repos/darcstmp$ darcs --version
2.4.3 (release)
jeremy at cowgar:~$ cd repos/darcstmp/
jeremy at cowgar:~/repos/darcstmp$ ls
_darcs  hello.txt
jeremy at cowgar:~/repos/darcstmp$ darcs changes
Mon May 10 14:45:34 EDT 2010  Jeremy Cowgar <jeremy at cowgar.com>
   * initial

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, jeremy
status: unknown
title: 2.4.3 - Windows - push - openBinaryFile: does not exist