[darcs-devel] [issue1849] get over http hangs -- repository corruption (2.3.1 to 2.4.4)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Fri May 28 20:26:01 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Thanks for the report, Zooko.  I've had time to read it properly yet
(some kind of quick summary could be handy).

Quick questions:
1. Do you have a way of reproducing hang+corruption systematically?
2. Do you get hanging or corruption when doing local fetches?
3. Is OS X a necessary component of this?

The optimize --uncompress stuff seems like an interesting clue indeed.

I wonder if HTTP hanging is affected by changes in HEAD to the HTTP code.

Note that --partial is treated as a synonym for --lazy when fetching
hashed repos (but the flag is deprecated, in my opinion)

nosy: +kowey
title: get over http hangs -- repository corruption -> get over http hangs -- repository corruption (2.3.1 to 2.4.4)
topic: +HTTP, Hashed