[darcs-devel] [issue1725] whatsnew -l should not recurse into directories not tracked

Simon Williams bugs at darcs.net
Tue Nov 2 12:02:31 UTC 2010

Simon Williams <simon at systemparadox.co.uk> added the comment:

Oh. It's funny how the way a program is implemented can change bugs into
features.

So rec -l needs the existing behaviour. I definitely think this should
remain consistent with whatsnew -l, and the existing behaviour of
whatsnew -l is *sometimes* useful anyway.

Does this affect add in any way? If so, that might complicate things
further. I sometimes think a warning or even an error when adding a file
in a directory not tracked would be useful.

How hard would it be to add another option alongside -l to give this
behaviour? I haven't thought of a suitable letter to use yet. Maybe -L?
The downside to this is that it might take me years to retrain myself to
type the new option!

priority: bug -> feature