[darcs-devel] [patch191] Add Maybe variant of fixSubPaths (and 15 more)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Nov 21 14:48:46 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <bugs at darcs.net> writes:

> Note that I'm a bit dissatisfied with the test case (see below).  Part
> of me is tempted not to apply the patch in a Zooko-like spirit of being
> very demanding about testing in the interests of faster progress (*),
> but I feel a bit like I've played a big part in this patch stalling
> unnecessarily and making work for everybody, so I'm applying it a little
> bit out of guilt.
>
> Well, guilt and the fact that it really is an improvement :-)
> Applied, thanks!

Turns out this broke a large number of tests on Windows. The pattern is
this:

"ssh": Could not resolve hostname C: no address associated with name

when passing absolute drive-qualified paths to darcs. Anyone tackling
this can use buildbot-try if they don't have access to a windows box
(although with a bit of creativity it should be possible to test this
without windows). If you are not a reviewer, you may need to contact me
to get access to the functionality.

I could also, in theory, hand out interactive (rdesktop) access to
windows machine(s) with HP, MSYS and darcs installed, against a promise
to not break anything. If you need this, contact me. I can't give out
permanent access though -- I will create throwaway accounts on demand,
for a couple of days at a time, or something.

Yours,
   Petr.