[darcs-devel] [issue1036] darcs ought to report connection failures as such, and not as repo not existing

Dmitry Tsygankov bugs at darcs.net
Mon Nov 22 12:04:48 UTC 2010

Dmitry Tsygankov <dmitry.tsygankov at gmail.com> added the comment:

> If I understand correctly, this means the following message
> also applies to this ticket.

I wouldn't say so, unless somebody else fixed this. Issue1637 was about
reporting HTTP error code if the remote server said at least something,
this issue is about the case when we are disconnected from network, so
no HTTP error code here.

Even if patch470 removes the note, we still need to print something more
user-friendly here instead of
CouldNotResolveHost/CouldNotConnectToServer in CamelCase.

status: resolved -> need-implementation