[darcs-devel] [issue2002] darcs saves files in caches even if it gets hash failures

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Tue Nov 23 10:14:04 UTC 2010

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

I'm pretty sure we can (need-action:) reproduce this fairly reliably by
creating some kind of situation that would cause darcs to "download" a
hash-mismatch file.

>From personal experience and also from issue2000 (or maybe issue1993), I
get the impression that darcs will (1) save files to cache and (2) check
the hash.  If step 2 fails, the bad files are still left behind in the
caches, which messes up further attempts at fetching a repository.

Shouldn't Darcs clean the bad files from the caches, or maybe just check
first before saving them?

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey
priority: bug
status: need-action
title: darcs saves files in caches even if it gets hash failures
topic: Hashed