[darcs-devel] [issue1964] need environment variables in record prehook, and more docs

Simon Michael bugs at darcs.net
Fri Oct 1 19:35:23 UTC 2010

New submission from Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>:

http://darcs.net/manual/node7.html#SECTION00712000000000000000
mentions DARCS_FILES and DARCS_PATCHES available in posthooks with
some commands. They both seem empty in a prehook for record or apply.

There is some previous discussion here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:sYDpL4xy0-MJ:irclog.perlgeek.de/darcs/2008-12-04+darcs+prehook&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
  .

Unless there's a real security objection that I missed, I think eg
DARCS_PATCHES definitely belongs in the record prehook's environment,
so that you can have eg a spam-rejecting prehook. (Useful for gitit
wiki edits, and wiki editors accidentally re-pushing obliterated spam
patches.)

Also these environment variables should be made consistent across
commands and hooks and/or their availability documented.

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, simon
status: unknown
title: need environment variables in record prehook, and more docs