[darcs-devel] [issue1979] support marksfile in darcs-fastconvert

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun Oct 17 22:22:43 UTC 2010

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

We have this 3rd-party darcs-fastconvert tool that uses the darcs
library to support fast-{import,export}.  Note that this tool is
distinct from the darcs-fast-{import,export} script.  (cabal install
darcs-fastconvert)

Unfortunately, darcs-fastconvert doesn't yet have its own
maintainer/project (it grew out of darcs), so we'll have to be
responsible for darcs-fastconvert issues too on our tracker.

We were talking about Brian's darcs-git bridge on
http://irclog.perlgeek.de/darcs/2010-10-17#i_2920950 when the idea came
up that extending the darcs-fastconvert to support marksfile would help
darcs-foo bridges a lot.  Right now there is another darcs-fast-export
tool that provides this support, but apparently not to the extent we
have in mind

I'm taking the liberty of making Brian nosy on this ticket because I
think he'd be interested.

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, warner-darcs-bugs
status: unknown
title: support marksfile in darcs-fastconvert