[darcs-devel] [issue1955] user model documentation

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Wed Sep 15 09:38:03 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Making it one document is fine.  I would consider the stuff presented in
Git for Computer Scientists high level enough for this sort of document.
It's not so much trying to be friendly as concise/comprehensive while
eschewing unnecessary implementation and theoretical detail.  In other
words, this is how you the user need to see your repository (even in
data structure terms), not how Darcs sees it, nor how patch theory
works.

My take on Simon PJ's comments anyway.  Adding Simon Marlow because he's
the one who suggested Git for Computer Scientists to illustrate what
Simon PJ meant when he talked about this.  Plus having three Simon's in
a BTS ticket is always fun.

nosy: +simonmar