[darcs-devel] [patch575] Resolve issue 1611: amend-record now forbids adding changes to a tag

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sun Apr 3 11:01:00 UTC 2011

New submission from Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>:

Couple of comments:

 - I think the patch description actually has to be "resolve issue1611"
not "resolve issue 1611" - though perhaps we should improve the
recogniser. This is in screened now so something to remember for the
future, rather than changing this patch.

 - The message shouldn't be printed if the user did actually supply --
edit-long-comment

 - The comment "refactoring needed to get witnesses compiling" refers to
a change you made rather than the new state of the code, and therefore
better belongs in the patch comment rather than the code itself. I'm
ambivalent about whether the comment is needed at all, but if we keep it
something like "auxiliary function needed because the witness types
differ for the isTag case" would be better.

 - How about a regression test?

status: needs-screening -> review-in-progress