[darcs-devel] [issue2069] darcs diff sometimes leaves temporary files when interrupted by a signal

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Thu Apr 28 21:06:08 UTC 2011

New submission from Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at bessy.de>:

We found this when the /tmp partition overflowed on our webserver that
uses the darcsweb cgi script. The /tmp contained lots of new-<project>
and old-<project> directories, and the same with -<n> added (with n form
1 to some two-digit number).

We can reproduce the bug by issuing

  darcs diff --from-patch=<some patch name>

and then hitting Ctrl-C fast; we need to try this a number of times
before the error occurs, it "helps" if the darcs diff is slow.

The version we use is darcs-2.4.4 (with later versions we still
regularly encounter http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1980).

nosy: bfr
status: unknown
title: darcs diff sometimes leaves temporary files when interrupted by a signal