[darcs-devel] [issue2117] don't prompt for long comments

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Tue Dec 27 22:12:06 UTC 2011

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

I hate this:

What is the patch name? foo
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn]d
Invalid response, try again!
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn]a
Invalid response, try again!
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn]r
Invalid response, try again!
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn]c
Invalid response, try again!
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn]n

and I think it's the sort of thing that makes people hate darcs
interactive UI.  I happen to like darcs interactiveness, but think we
can do better.

I think --edit-long-comments should be the default.  But I don't know
whether it makes sense for the general case, or if I'm only saying that
because I'm used to Darcs.

The patch for this would be very easy, maybe try and see?

nosy: kowey
priority: feature
status: need-implementation
title: don't prompt for long comments