[darcs-devel] [issue2039] make --no-interactive an alias for --all

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Feb 17 12:02:37 UTC 2011

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Argh! Caught between two principles:

* keep flags symmetrical --foo should have a --no-foo
* avoid proliferation -- "what's the difference between --all and --no-
interactive", "oh they're the same"

I think we can pull out a third (meta?)principle here: when in doubt, be
conservative about changing the UI (change has a cost, could end up
making things worse in unexpected ways; only change if you have a
reasonably convincing argument that it would improve the UI)

With apologies for my lack of courage, shall we not make a decision on
this until issue1457 is resolved?

status: unknown -> deferred
superseder: +Replace --no-foo switch with --foo=no