[darcs-devel] [issue2044] darcs send should do optimize --reorder

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Feb 17 14:38:32 UTC 2011

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

My only concerns would be if darcs optimize --reorder takes a long time,
or if the person was doing darcs send from a public repository (this may
be a bit far-fetched, maybe imagine some hypothetical future darcsden
with some kind of send button?).

Basically trying to see if this should lead to any surprise.  The sort
of rough goal I'm aiming for is a sense of transparency, in the sense
that actions should not have any unexpected side-effects, that things
seem to happen for a reason (X because I did Y).  Hmm, I wish I could
think a bit more systematically about this...