[darcs-devel] [patch547] Add inferred XML Schema for outputs. (and 1 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Feb 17 15:12:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 21:01:04 +0000, Radoslav Dorcik wrote:
> Thu Feb 10 21:08:31 CET 2011  dixiecko at gmail.com
>   * Add inferred XML Schema for outputs.
>
> Thu Feb 10 21:46:41 CET 2011  dixiecko at gmail.com
>   * Test darcs changes XML with XSD/xmllint.

I gave these a cursory look as I think of the schema as
contrib.

Seems nice to have one. Is anybody worried about the prospect
of committing to some sort of formal documentation of our XML
format?  Do we need to worry about evolving things? (Presumably
such an evolution would be involved anyway since we'd have to
think about backwards compatibility).  I also take it Rado is
volunteering to maintain the schema file if we ever decide we
need to change the format ;-)

The test sounds like a good accompaniment.  Rado, if you'd be
kind enough to amend with the licence boiler plate that'd save
somebody asking you for permission to add it in later.

I'd be a bit concerned about blurring the boundaries between
contrib and the rest of darcs a bit (on the one hand, we're
sort of treating this as a contrib, on the other hand we have
a test for it... which is it?), but I don't think it's a big
deal.  Comments welcome.