[darcs-devel] [patch401] More visible old-fashioned to hashed notice.

gh bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jan 24 13:11:19 UTC 2011

gh <guillaumh at gmail.com> added the comment:

> push to a remote server with an older version of darcs should work ok
> too, shouldn't it? Since we just invoke darcs apply at the remote end.

Yes, pushing via ssh should work. Maybe some people will use Darcs 2.8
"on" OF repositories like this and will not notice any difference.

> It's a messy story (push to remote works, push to local doesn't), but I
> think it's an important scenario for interacting with projects that
> haven't updated.

So maybe we should add that Darcs can push via ssh to OF repositories
if the remote Darcs can apply to OF? I'm mixed between telling the
whole truth and confusing users with a long message, or not telling
about push-via-ssh and concentrating on the "you should upgrade,
minimal support only" message.

guillaume