[darcs-devel] old-fashioned removal notice

Guillaume Hoffmann guillaumh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 12:06:34 UTC 2011

Alternative solution: just say OF is deprecated, don't say exactly
why, instead give link to http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsTwo or a more
precise page about OF deprecation in darcs 2.8.

 _______   Sorry for the wait! The repository you are fetching is
 |       |  using the DEPRECATED 'old-fashioned' format. I'm getting a
 | O   O |  hashed copy instead, but this may take a while.
 |  ___  |
 | /   \ |  We recommend that the maintainer upgrade the remote copy
 |_______|  as well. See http://wiki.darcs.net/OF for more information.

This will give us as much space as we want to tell exactly what is
going on and how to upgrade.

As a non native-english-speaker, I like the smiley.

g.